MECA (Meeting, Event Coordinators and Associates)
MECA (Meeting, Event Coordinators and Associates) serves as the official professional staff and faculty organization that communicates necessary event resources and knowledge, and facilitates opportunities to assist self-identified event professionals at Arizona State University.
MECA achieves this by:
- Creating a voice for ASU professionals to share event and meeting knowledge, resources and policies.
- Facilitating event and meeting best practices for ASU.
- Establishing connections to reputable external vendors and resources.
- Developing a network of event professionals on and off campus to create personal and professional growth.
- Providing the opportunity to participate in professional event organizations.
Anyone at the university is welcome to join MECA. The best way to get involved is to join the MECA Slack workspace, here’s why:
- All the other MECA members are on it
- Receive information from the Office of University Events and Protocol, including monthly meeting invitations
- Stay up-to-date on the latest ASU event-related information
- Share event resources (like easels, décor, clipboards, etc.)
- Ask for help, recommendations and event vendor contact information
We suggest you download Slack to your desktop for ease of use. Check out UTO’s Slack at ASU website to get Slack 101 and downloading instructions.
The other way to get connected with MECA is to attend the monthly meetings. Invitations for the meetings are sent to those who are part of the MECA Slack workspace.
How to join the ASU MECA Slack workspace
- To join an ASU MECA Slack workspace, go to www.asu.edu/slack and sign in with your ASURite credentials.
- Search for "MECA." Click the View Details button.
- In the pop-up window, click the Join and Launch Slack button.
How to become an approved vendor
To become an ASU approved vendor for goods and services, please visit ASU's Business and Finance website.
How to become an approved food provider
Businesses interested in providing food for events on the ASU campuses must be on the Approved Food Providers List. If interested in becoming an approved food provider, go to this website for more information. If you have questions regarding the application, please email MUreservations@asu.edu.
How to present at a MECA meeting if you are already an approved vendor/food provider
If you are interested in presenting to MECA at an upcoming meeting, please contact us and you will be contacted to further discuss available opportunities.
How to share information with the MECA community
We are happy to share information and updates with the MECA community on behalf of ASU-approved vendors. If you would like us to share information with the group, please contact us and we will follow up with you.